Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: suffocâtion
- (uncountable) Asphyxia—a condition in which an extreme decrease in the concentration of oxygen in the body accompanied by an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide leads to loss of consciousness or death.
- A child left unattended may die of suffocation.
- (countable) A particular act of death or killing by means of asphyxia.
- The coroner reported three suffocations last week.
particular death or killing
- suffocation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- suffocation in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- suffocation at OneLook Dictionary Search
suffocation f (plural suffocations)