Jump to navigation Jump to search
From 1959's Supergirl, dated May 1959 from DC Comics
supergirl (plural supergirls)
- (informal) A girl who is particularly successful, talented, or otherwise remarkable.
- 1998, Hal Erickson, Sid and Marty Krofft:
- […] garrulous skull paperweight wresting the spotlight away from Ruby-Spears' flying cars, supergirls and sasquatches.
- 2002, Sharon Lamb, The Secret Lives of Girls:
- And it ignores the privilege that helps only certain girls become supergirls and makes them suffer when they come close to achieving this status […]
- 2006, George Zhibin Gu, William Ratliff, China and the new world order
- An average Chinese girl, with talent in singing, dancing, or acting, can be elected a supergirl by TV media outlets.
- 2007, Esther Blum, Karen Salmansohn, Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous
- You may be a supergirl on the go, but that doesn't mean you can't figure out ways to maximize your morning minutes with some simple nutrition.
- 2008, Pier Cesare Rivoltella, Digital Literacy:
- […] emphasis on perfection, resulting in mounting pressure on girls to be supergirls.