Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resulting in success; assuring, or promoting, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect
- 2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 27:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […], or offering services that let you […] "share the things you love with the world" and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention.
- efficacious, effective, fruitful, rewarding, accomplished, profitable
- See also Thesaurus:prosperous
- (of requests): tithe (obs.)
resulting in success