suppositive (plural suppositives)
- A word denoting or implying supposition.
- The words "if", "granting", and "provided" are suppositives.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Harris to this entry?)
- Including or implying supposition, or hypothesis; supposed.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hammond to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for suppositive in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)