Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (in supposed to)
- simple past tense and past participle of
supposed (not comparable)
- Presumed to be true, but without proof
- Muhammad is the supposed messenger of God.
- (with infinitive) Generally considered or expected.
- The movie is supposed to be good.
- (with infinitive) Having an obligation.
- You are not supposed to smoke in the restaurant. [Note: this means, you are obliged not to smoke.]
- The phone is supposed to come with a manual.
- (with infinitive) Intended.
- The phone is supposed to save us time.
presumed to be true, but without proof