be supposed to
(Redirected from supposed to)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) Required to, ought to
- I am supposed to report to the police every week.
- Paul is supposed to call his mother every day.
- (idiomatic, with not) Permitted to.
- I am not supposed to smoke there.
- (idiomatic) Intended to; expected to; believed to.
- It's supposed to rain.
- The thief is supposed to be hiding in the forest.
- Followed by an obligatory bare infinitive.
- be supposed to at OneLook Dictionary Search