Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌsʌɹɪpˈtɪʃəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /səˌɹɜpˈtɪʃəs/, /ˌsʌɹəpˈtɪʃəs/, /ˌsɜɹəpˈtɪʃəs/
- Rhymes: -ɪʃəs
- Stealthy, furtive, well hidden, covert (especially movements).
- 1998, Lee A. Bygrave, “Data Protection Pursuant to the Right to Privavy in Human Rights Treaties”, in International Journal of Law and Information Technology, volume 6, number 3, pages 260–261:
- It is also worth noting the case law on prisoners' correspondence which establishes that interception of a person's communications need not be surreptitious in order to amount to an interference with respect to Art 8 (1) [ECHR].
- See Thesaurus:covert