Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To be courageous; to regain one's courage.
- 2011 November 12, “International friendly: England 1-0 Spain”, in BBC Sport:
- England will not be catapulted among the favourites for Euro 2012 as a result of this win, but no victory against Spain is earned easily and it is right they take great heart from their efforts as they now prepare to play Sweden at Wembley on Tuesday.
to be courageous
- Used when encouraging someone to bear or take up a difficult situation.
- Take heart, help will arrive shortly and everything will be fine.