Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: team-sport
- (countable) A sport played by two competing teams.
- 2000, William S. Kern, The Economics of Sports, page 115:
- This impression is underscored by the high level of minority representation in our major team sports.
- 2014, Eleanor MacLellan, Sole to Soul: Walking a Path toward Loving Accompaniment, page 97:
- But he was required to do a team sport, so he compromised by choosing track, which ironically involved the biggest team of the season.
- 2014, W. Thomas McDaniel Jr., The Farther Side of Paradise, page 233:
- And I looked forward to the other nine games of the greatest team sport devised by man.
- (uncountable) All sports involving competing teams, collectively.
- 2014, Mark Allen, Paul McCarthy, Psychology Express:
- In addition to personality differences between athletes and non-athletes, personality differences were also observed between team sport athletes and individual sport athletes.
- 2014, Robert Ellis, The Games People Play: Theology, Religion, and Sport, page 259:
- The representational aspect of team sport adds to this.
sport competed between two teams each with two or more players