Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (medicine) Infection with parasitic nematodes of the genus Thelazia.
- 1917 September, R. T. Leiper, “Thelaziasis in man: A summary of recent reports on "Circumocular filariasis" in Chinese literature, with a note on the zoological position of the parasite”, in The British Journal of Ophthalmology, volume 1, number 9, title, page 546:
- Thelaziasis in man
- 1989, Korean journal of parasitology, page 222:
- Reports of human thelaziasis are increasing recently because of environmental and social factors (Lee et al., 1986).
- 2003, Understanding Horses:
- Injuries to the eyes ar not uncommon in horses, and they can even suffer from eyeworms (thelaziasis) on occasions.