there's more than one way to skin a cat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated) A problem generally has more than one solution or there is more than one way to achieve a goal.
- 2021 January 25, Chris Barker, Dr Robin Russell-Jones, “Electric cars are not the only green solution”, in The Guardian:
- Nissan has elected to concentrate its European operations in Sunderland, including battery development, precisely because Boris Johnson has brought forward the phase-out date for petrol and diesel vehicles to 2030. […] However, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and cheaper options for ultra-low emitting vehicles are just around the corner.
- all roads lead to Rome
- there's more than one way to cook an egg (rare)
- there's more than one way to crack an egg (rare)
- there's more than one way to peel an orange (rare)
a problem generally has more than one solution