Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈθʌn.də.stɹʌk/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈθʌn.dɚ.stɹʌk/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Astonished, amazed or so suddenly surprised as to be unable to speak.
- 1927-29 — Mohandas Gandhi, An Autobiography or The Story of my Experiments with Truth, Part V, The Fast, translated 1940 by Mahadev Desai
- 'Unless the strikers rally,' I declared to the meeting, 'and continue the strike till a settlement is reached, or till they leave the mills altogether, I will not touch any food.' The labourers were thunderstruck.
- (astonished): amazed, astonished, astounded, awed, overawed, overwhelmed, speechless, stupefied, surprised
astonished, amazed or so suddenly surprised as to be unable to speak