thyroid (plural thyroids)
- (anatomy) The thyroid gland.
- 2013 August 9, Douglas Main, “Israel Outlaws Water Fluoridation”, in live science, retrieved 2013-09-30:
- Israel is one of the few countries that widely fluoridates, besides the United States, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia. Fluoridation, the addition of fluoride to public drinking water supplies to reduce cavities, is the subject of intense controversy, especially outside of the United States. But opposition to the practice, on the grounds that fluoride has adverse effects on the thyroid, brain and bones, and is an unethical form of mass-medication, appears to be growing.
- The thyroid cartilage.
- (medicine) A preparation obtained from the thyroid gland.
thyroid gland — see thyroid gland
thyroid cartilage — see thyroid cartilage
a preparation obtained from the thyroid gland
thyroid (not comparable)
- Referring to the gland situated in the neck and its blood vessels, etc.
referring to the gland situated in the neck