Jump to navigation Jump to search
tinted (comparative more tinted, superlative most tinted)
- Slightly colored, having tint.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, “Foreword”, in The China Governess:
- He stood transfixed before the unaccustomed view of London at night time, a vast panorama which reminded him […] of some wood engravings far off and magical, in a printshop in his childhood. They dated from the previous century and were coarsely printed on tinted paper, with tinsel outlining the design.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect (Science Fiction), Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Citadel Station: Serpent Nebula Codex entry:
- The Citadel is surrounded by a blue-tinted reflection nebula. The light of the nebula is actually light from the Citadel, scattered and reflected back at the station.
slightly colored, having tint
- simple past tense and past participle of tint