to come (not comparable)
- Imminent, coming, future.
- 2002 December 18, David Attenborough, “Meat Eaters”, episode 5 of season 1 of The Life of Mammals, at 23:56:
- It's a bonding session that reminds each hunter of its place in the team — invaluable in the struggle to come.
- To come is not a true adjective; rather, syntactically, it is simply the to-infinitive of the verb come. As a result, it follows the noun that it modifies, rather than preceding it.
to come (plural to comes)
- Alternative form of tocome