Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
toadfish (plural toadfish or toadfishes)
- Any of the ray-finned fishes of family Batrachoididae, benthic ambush predators.
- Certain species in family Tetraodontidae
- The banded toadfish, of Australia (Torquigener pleurogramma)
- The blackspotted toadfish, of the tropical Indian and Pacific Oceans (Arothron nigropunctatus)
- The common toadfish (or toadfish), of Australia and New Zealand (Tetractenos hamiltoni)
- The prickly toadfish, of Australia and New Zealand (Contusus richei)
- The red striped toadfish, of Indonesia and Papua New Guinea (Dichotomyctere erythrotaenia, syn. Tetraodon erythrotaenia)
- The smooth toadfish, of Australia (Tetractenos glaber)
- Certain species in family Psychrolutidae
- For information on the choice of plural, see fish.