tormentress (plural tormentresses)
- A female tormentor.
- Fortune ordinarily cometh after to whip and punish them, as the scourge and tormentress of glory and honour.
- 1996, Gordon Williams, Shakespeare, Sex and the Print Revolution
- But if the victim Lavinia offers a prime example, her tormentress Tamora provides a no less striking model of another kind.
- 1836. The Meerut Universal Magazine. Volume 2. Pg. 390.
- "Tell me," I repeated, but, alas ! miserably out of tune. My confusion rapidly increased, when the fair tormentress, turning towards me, said, perhaps it is my fault — I am not playing correctly?"