Jump to navigation Jump to search
- tormentour (obsolete)
tormentor (plural tormentors)
- Someone who torments.
- Thoughts, my tormentors, armed with deadly stings. — Milton.
- 2011 November 10, Jeremy Wilson, “England Under 21 5 Iceland Under 21 0: match report”, in Telegraph:
- The most persistent tormentor was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who scored a hat-trick in last month’s corresponding fixture in Iceland. His ability to run at defences is instantly striking, but it is his clever use of possession that has persuaded some shrewd judges that he is an even better prospect than Theo Walcott.
- An implement for reducing a stiff soil, resembling a harrow, but running upon wheels.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hebert to this entry?)
someone who torments