Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /təˈɹɛn.tʃəl/, /tɒɹˈɛn.tʃəl/
- (US) IPA(key): /tɔˈɹɛnt.ʃəl/, /təˈɹɛnt.ʃəl/
Audio (Northern California, US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Coming or characterized by torrents; flowing heavily or in large quantities.
- There was a torrential downpour and we were all soaked.
- torrential rain
- 1960 December, “Talking of Trains: The railways and the Devon floods”, in Trains Illustrated, page 709:
- On the Saturday, October 1, the torrential rains began to wreak damage east of Exeter.
coming or characterized by torrents; flowing heavily or in large quantities