Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tradie (plural tradies)
- (Australia, informal) A tradesman, a tradesperson.
1993, Lawrence B. Angus, Education, inequality, and social identity, page 160:
- Historically, the education of secondary technical school trade teachers (‘Technology Studies’ teachers in the new Ministry of Education nomenclature; “tradies” is their preferred term) has been seen as best conducted through a master-apprentice system.
- 2007, Catherine Deveny, It's Not My Fault They Print Them, Black Inc., page 175,
- This show is a thinly veiled advertorial posing as a competition between tradies to be crowned King Gee Jack of All Trades.
- 2011, Patrick Bright, The In$ider′s Guide to Renovating for Profit, Brolga Publishing, unnumbered page,
- As soon as you know the settlement date for the property, you need to phone all your tradies and book them in for the dates you've worked out in your timetable. When each tradie starts you′ll have to show up and brief them.