Jump to navigation Jump to search
tristate (not comparable)
- Having, or pertaining to, three distinct states.
- This tristate logic deals with true, false, and unknown values.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a region in the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The event will be sponsored by several tristate businesses.
tristate (plural tristates)
- (programming) A variable, etc. that can take any of three distinct values.
- 2000, John Blankenship, C is for Control:
- The 4 input ports are simply tristates that can be addressed to enable the data from any one of them to be read by the standard input port of the printer interface.
- 2010, Robert Love, Linux Kernel Development (page 14)
- Configuration options that control the build process are either Booleans or tristates.
- (often capitalized) The area in some regions of the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The Tristate is on alert after a rash of home burglaries.