Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: twelve stepper
twelve-stepper (plural twelve-steppers)
- A person who is or has been a participant in a twelve-step program to recover from addiction.
- 2005, Poppy Z. Brite, Prime: a Novel, page 130:
- "So are you some kinda twelve-stepper now?" Coop indicated the drink in his hand. […] "I've been to a few meetings, but I'm not a twelve-stepper."
- 2004, Gigi Levangie Grazer, Maneater, page 1:
- A twelve-stepper already, and can't be more than eighteen, nineteen—what is there to look forward to?
- 2001, C. D. Payne, Youth in Revolt: the Journals of Nick Twisp, page 323:
- "The turkey smells so marvelously... rustic," commented Taggerty, swigging her sherry like a lapsed twelve-stepper.