Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tending to twine; twisting around.
- a plant with a twiny stem
- Made of twine; having the appearance of twine.
- 1973, Winifred Nowottny -, Hopkins's Language of Prayer & Praise, page 9:
- And so one may re-read 'Epithalamion', observing that to put off bleached linen and woven woolwear and twiny boots is (even if comic) to shuffle off this mortal coil […]
- (Britain, North Country, dialect, archaic) fretful; uneasy
- 1825, John Trotter Brockett, A glossary of North country words, in use (page 223)