Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The condition of being ugly
1920, Herman Cyril McNeile, chapter 1, in Bulldog Drummond:
- His best friend would not have called him good-looking, but he was the fortunate possessor of that cheerful type of ugliness which inspires immediate confidence in its owner.
- Everything that's realistic has some sort of ugliness in it. Even a flower is ugly when it wilts, a bird when it seeks its prey, the ocean when it becomes violent. Sharon Tate
- An unsightly or frightful object
- See also Wikisaurus:ugliness
condition of being ugly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.