Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The condition of being ugly.
- 1920, Herman Cyril McNeile, chapter 1, in Bulldog Drummond:
- His best friend would not have called him good-looking, but he was the fortunate possessor of that cheerful type of ugliness which inspires immediate confidence in its owner.
- Everything that's realistic has some sort of ugliness in it. Even a flower is ugly when it wilts, a bird when it seeks its prey, the ocean when it becomes violent. Sharon Tate
- An unsightly or frightful object.
- Unpleasant behaviour.
- There was some ugliness at the council meeting.
- See also Thesaurus:ugliness
condition of being ugly
unsightly or frightful object
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.