Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛnd
- To remove a bend so as to make, or allow to become, straight
- to unbend a bow
- To release (a load) from a strain or from exertion; to set at ease for a time; to relax.
- to unbend the mind from study or care
- You do unbend your noble strength.
- (nautical) To unfasten sails from the spars or stays to which are attached for use.
- To cast loose or untie
- Unbend the rope.
- To cease to be bent; to become straight.
- To relax in exertion, attention, severity, or the like
- (archaic) to enjoy oneself