Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒk
- (transitive) To remove or clear a block or obstruction from.
- We need a plumber to unblock the sink.
- (transitive) To free or make available.
- 2010, Syed Ali, Dubai: gilded cage, page 58:
- It is not just bad news about Dubai that gets blocked from the Internet; […] a whole range of other social networking sites have been blocked, unblocked and reblocked.
- (intransitive, card games) In whist, to throw away a high card so as not to interrupt one's partner's long suit.