From un- + box.
unbox (third-person singular simple present unboxes, present participle unboxing, simple past and past participle unboxed)
- (transitive) To remove from a box.
- 2005, Andrew Laties, Rebel Bookseller
- The booksellers' tasks were to unbox, shelve, and handle cash.
- (transitive, computing) To retrieve (a value of a primitive type) from the object in which it is boxed.
- 2004, Stephen Teilhet, Jay Hilyard, C# Cookbook
- When a boxing or unboxing operation occurs in code, whether it was implicit or explicit, the IL generated includes the box or unbox command.