Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- For reasons that are easy to understand or sympathise with.
- Understandably, he was too embarrassed to speak.
- Embarrassed, he understandably refused to speak.
- He was understandably embarrassed, and could not speak.
2011 October 1, Phil McNulty, “Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool”, BBC Sport:
- Everton were, perhaps understandably, deflated at the setback and it was no surprise when Suarez added Liverpool's second after 82 minutes. Distin and Baines were involved in a mix-up as the Uruguayan advanced into the area, and he was not about to pass up the gift to shoot low past Howard.
- In an understandable manner.
- When presenting in front of the class, take care to speak clearly and understandably.
for reasons that are easy to understand