- objectionable or not likely to please
1945 May, George Orwell, chapter 6, in Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, London: Secker & Warburg, OCLC 3655473:
- There would be no need for any of the animals to come in contact with human beings, which would clearly be most undesirable.
- 2008, Mary E. Klingensmith, The Washington Manual of Surgery (page 327)
- Chronic venous disease includes cosmetically undesirable telangiectasias, varicose veins, venous ulceration, and claudication.
- Nouns to which "undesirable" is often applied: effect, consequence, result, element, change, person, substance, characteristic, quality, feature, behavior, activity, thing, event, reaction, state.
objectionable or not likely to please
undesirable (plural undesirables)
- an undesirable person