See also: désirable
- Worthy to be desired; pleasing; agreeable.
This applicant has almost all desirable properties.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page vii
- With fresh material, taxonomic conclusions are leavened by recognition that the material examined reflects the site it occupied; a herbarium packet gives one only a small fraction of the data desirable for sound conclusions. Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get […]
suitable to be desired
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
desirable (plural desirables)
- A thing that people want; something that is desirable.
- There are plenty of desirables on display in the window.
desirable m, f (plural desirables)