Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈjunɪfɔɹˌmaɪz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈjuːnɪfɔːˌmaɪz/
- Hyphenation: uni‧form‧ize
- (transitive) To make uniform; to make the same throughout.
- (mathematics) To carry out a process of uniformization, by which a multiple-valued function on a Riemann surface is converted to a single-valued function.
- 2000, Ludwig Bieberbach, Conformal Mapping, →ISBN, page 198:
- It is clear that these functions are also the only ones to be uniformized by the simple mapping of the Riemann surface, for of course any function that is single-valued in t must have been, before the mapping, a single-valued function on the Riemann surface.