Jump to navigation Jump to search
vacance (plural vacances)
- (obsolete) A vacation.
- 1876, James Grant, History of the Burgh and Parish Schools of Scotland, page 189:
- On the petition of the scholars of the grammar school of Cupar, on 6th August 1678, for a vacance, in order that they may 'recreate' themselves, and visit their friends, the council allow them a holiday till 23d September next.
vacance f (plural vacances)
- vacancy, free position
- (plural only) holidays
- Attention, les gars, écoutez. Les vacances sont terminées ; aujourd’hui on se remet au travail.
- Attention, guys, listen. The holidays are finished ; today we get back to work.
- → Alemannic German: Vakanz
- → German: Vakanz
- → Italian: vacanza
- → Luxembourgish: Vakanz