Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to touch (a body part) lightly so as to excite the surface nerves and cause uneasiness, laughter, or spasmodic movements
- It was nothing much - just a tiny vellicating muscle in the corner of the left eye, [...] - Roald Dahl The Way Up to Heaven
- to irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear
- Smooth surfaces can vellicate the teeth
- To pinch.
- To cause to twitch.
- Convulsions, arising from something vellicating a nerve in its extremity, are not very dangerous.
touch (a body part) lightly so as to excite the surface nerves and cause uneasiness, laughter, or spasmodic movements
- second-person plural present indicative of vellicare
- second-person plural imperative of vellicare
- feminine plural past participle of
- second-person plural present active imperative of vellicō