Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: vélocipède
velocipede (plural velocipedes)
- (historical) An early two-wheeled conveyance upon which one rode astride a wooden frame propelled by means of pushing the feet against the ground.
- (archaic) Any three- or four-wheeled machine driven by foot or hand levers to the rear or front axle.
- (archaic) A late-1860s bicycle driven by cranks on the front axle.
- A bicycle.
- (a late 1860s bicycle): boneshaker
Early two-wheeled conveyance
(archaic) generic term for three- and four-wheeled machines driven by hand or foot levers
(archaic) a bicycle driven by cranks on the front axle
- to ride on velocipede
- Wikipedia entry for bicycle
- The Bicycle Museum of America — examples of the evolution of two-wheeled travel
velocipede m (plural velocipedi)