Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having a tendency to seek revenge when wronged, vengeful.
- 1920, D. H. Lawrence, chapter 18, in Women in Love:
- The vindictive mockery in her voice made his brain quiver.
- 1933, H. G. Wells, The Shape of Things to Come:
- The victors will exact vindictive penalties and the losers of course will undertake to pay, but none of them realizes that money is going to do the most extraordinary things to them when they begin upon that.
- (obsolete) punitive
having a tendency to seek revenge