Jump to navigation Jump to search
vulgarism (plural vulgarisms)
- (grammar) A word or term that is considered offensive or vulgar.
- "Shit" is a vulgarism.
- A spelling, word, or phrase used in common speech that is considered improper or incorrect for formal communication.
- 1837, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Ethel Churchill, volume 1, page 233:
- We never descended to the vulgarism of a quarrel. People said that neither of us had a heart, but it appears to me that politeness is an excellent substitute.
- Editors of newspapers allow more vulgarisms to go to print today than they used to.
word or term that is considered offensive or vulgar
spelling, word, or phrase considered improper or incorrect for formal communication
vulgarism n (plural vulgarisme)
Declension of vulgarism
|indefinite articulation||definite articulation||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
|nominative/accusative||(un) vulgarism||vulgarismul||(niște) vulgarisme||vulgarismele|
|genitive/dative||(unui) vulgarism||vulgarismului||(unor) vulgarisme||vulgarismelor|