Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
wannabe (plural wannabes)
- (slang, derogatory, often attributive) Someone who wishes to be or do something, but lacks the qualifications or talent; an overeager amateur; an aspirant.
- Hollywood's restaurants are full of wannabe actors waiting to be discovered.
- (slang, derogatory) Someone who wishes to be part of, or to assimilate to, a majority group of which they are not a member.
- 2000, Bill Oddie, Gripping Yarns, page 126:
- Bigger, mongrelly and black, he was clearly a Doberman wannabe.
someone who wishes something but lacks the qualifications