waste + -age
wastage (countable and uncountable, plural wastages)
- (uncountable) The amount or proportion of something that is wasted or lost by deterioration or other natural process.
- The average wastage is 1.5% in the grocery department.
- Wastage from the reservoir by evaporation is estimated at ...
- (uncountable) The periodical turnover of personnel in an organisation by death, retirement or resignation, as perceived by those aspiring to promotion or appointment in the organisation.
- (countable) Anything lost by wear or waste.
- (uncountable) Goods that are damaged, out of date, reduced, or generally unsaleable, which are destined to be thrown away and which are written off as a loss.
- (hunting, countable) The act of abandoning animal carcasses or parts, usually illegal.