Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having weights on it.
- She wore a weighted dress so it wouldn't blow in the wind.
- Biased, so as to favour one party.
- The competition was weighted so he'd be the clear favourite to win.
- (graph theory, of a graph) having values assigned to its edges
- (statistics) With the components of an average multiplied by particular factors so as to take account of their relative importance.
- Containing a large proportion (of something).
2012 May 31, Tasha Robinson, “Film: Review: Snow White And The Huntsman”:
- Huntsman starts out with a vision of Theron that’s specific, unique, and weighted in character, but it trends throughout toward generic fantasy tropes and black-and-white morality, and climaxes in a thoroughly familiar face-off.
having weights on it
biased, so as to favour one party
in graph theory
containing a large proportion (of something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.