Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Whistler
whistler (plural whistlers)
- Someone or something that whistles, or who plays a whistle as a musical instrument.
- A bird that whistles (applied regionally to various specific species).
- The whistling marmot.
- The goldeneye.
- The mountain beaver.
- An audio-frequency electromagnetic wave produced by atmospheric disturbances such as lightning.
- A broken-winded horse.
- (slang, obsolete) The keeper of a whistling shop, or shebeen.
- (whistling marmot): hoary marmot
someone or something that whistles
whistling marmot — see hoary marmot