Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Britain, intransitive) To dry utensils, dishes etc. that have been washed.
- You're not watching TV until you've wiped up!
- To completely remove spilled liquid or solids, typically by hand using a dishcloth.
- I'll wipe up that spilled milk.
- First let me wipe up all these bread crumbs.
- To clean thoroughly, particularly with a dishcloth or rag.
- I always wipe up the counter before making dinner.
- Please wipe up the kitchen at the end of your shift.
- (US, transitive, slang, figuratively) To defeat (an opponent) thoroughly; trounce.
- We're going to wipe up your team just like we wiped up the Canaries.
to clean thoroughly particularly with a cloth