Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
workhorse (plural workhorses)
- A horse used primarily for manual labor; a draft horse
- (by extension) Anyone or anything that does a lot of work; something or someone who works consistently or regularly.
- Those old machines are not very glamorous, but even 20 years after their introduction, they are still the workhorses of the industry.
- 2018 October 15, Phil McNulty, “Spain 2-3 England”, in BBC Sport:
- Captain Harry Kane was the workhorse and creator, while Sterling and Rashford provided the finishing flourishes that put England in dreamland at the interval.
horse used primarily for work
anyone that does a lot of work