Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
workhorse (plural workhorses)
- A horse used primarily for manual labor; a draft horse
- (by extension) Anyone or anything that does a lot of work; something or someone who works consistently or regularly.
- Those old machines are not very glamorous, but even 20 years after their introduction, they are still the workhorses of the industry.
- 2018 October 15, Phil McNulty, “Spain 2-3 England”, in BBC Sport:
- Captain Harry Kane was the workhorse and creator, while Sterling and Rashford provided the finishing flourishes that put England in dreamland at the interval.
a horse used primarily for work
anyone that does a lot of work