Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Xylophone
- enPR: zīʹlə-fōn', IPA(key): /ˈzaɪ.lə.ˌfəʊn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈzaɪləˌfoʊn/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: xy‧lo‧phone
xylophone (plural xylophones)
- (music) Any musical instrument (percussion idiophone) made of wooden slats graduated so as to make the sounds of the scale when struck with a small drumstick-like mallet; the standard Western concert xylophone or one of its derivatives.
- All I know how to play on my xylophone is "Mary Had a Little Lamb". Would you like to hear it?
- Vienna Symphony Orchestra. "Xylophone".
- To play a xylophone or to play something else as though it was a xylophone.
- To move above a ridged surface so as to hit every ridge, in a manner similar to playing quickly and sequentially on a xylophone.
xylophone m (plural xylophones)