Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: yotta-second
yottasecond (plural yottaseconds)
- A unit of time equal to 1024 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) seconds and with symbol Ys.
2000 October 31, Joe Harrison <joe.harrison@ANT15P4M.teamware.co.uk>, “Re: Bt openworld limitations .. post `em here”, in uk.telecom.broadband, Usenet, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- Trades Descriptions Act... "always on" presumably means 100.00 % uptime for the rest of infinity with nary a yottasecond's downtime.
2009 February 20, Larry Wall <email@example.com>, “Re: r25445 - docs/Perl6/Spec/S32-setting-library”, in perl.perl6.language, Usenet, message-ID <20090220171124.GA18585@wall.org>:
- Basically, I want yottaseconds and yoctoyears calculated with the same datatype for normal time.
2009 April 3, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Re: The first rule of marriage”, in soc.religion.quaker,alt.stupidity, Usenet, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- 12.7 furlongs per fortnight in parsecs per yottasecond
- Not currently used in scientific literature. Occasionally used informally to denote a very long time, an age.