Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the computer game Zork (1980).
zorkmid (plural zorkmids)
- (video games) A fictional unit of currency used in various computer games.
- 1984, Softalk for the IBM personal computer:
- Yes, the zorkmid is still the official medium of exchange, and this realm supposedly was founded by a relative of Dimwit Flathead III […]
- 2003, Robin Johnson, “One Zorkmid desc?”, in rec.games.int-fiction (Usenet):
- Nethack (www.nethack.org), which is not IF but does use the zorkmid as its currency, has a one zorkmid coin. It is simply described as "a gold piece".
- 2008, Brian Briggs, The BBook of Geek:
- After the collapse of the Soviet Empire, the Eastern European nation of Ukraine adopted the Zorkmid as its national currency.