Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkʌɹ.ən.si/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkʌɹ.ən.si/, /ˈkɝ.ən.si/
(accents with the "Hurry-furry" merger)
Audio (US) (file)
- Money or other items used to facilitate transactions.
- (more specifically) Paper money.
- The state of being current; general acceptance or recognition.
- The jargon’s currency.
- (obsolete) fluency; readiness of utterance
- (obsolete) Current value; general estimation; the rate at which anything is generally valued.
- He […] takes greatness of kingdoms according to their bulk and currency, and not after intrinsic value. — Francis Bacon.
- The bare name of Englishman […] too often gave a transient currency to the worthless and ungrateful. — W. Irving.
money or other item used to facilitate transactions
state of being current; general acceptance or recognition
fluency — see fluency
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked