Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
वनस्पति (vanaspati) m
- ‘king of the wood’, a forest tree (esp. a large tree bearing fruit apparently without blossoms, as several species of the fig, the jack tree etc., but also applied to any tree).
- stem, trunk, beam, timber, post (esp. the sacrificial post).
- ‘lord of plants’, the सोम plant.(clarification of this Sanskrit definition is being sought)
- the Indian fig-tree L.
- Bignonia suaveolens
- an offering made to the sacrificial post.
- anything made of wood (esp. particular parts of a car or carriage, a wooden drum, a wooden amulet, a block on which criminals are executed, a coffin etc.).
- an ascetic.
- Name of Vishnu.
- Name of a son of (clarification of this Sanskrit definition is being sought) घृत-पृष्ठ.
- (dual) pestle and mortar.
वनस्पति (vanaspati) f
वनस्पति (vanaspati) n
- Monier William's Sanskrit-English Dictionary, 2nd Ed. 1899