Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 莊 (Traditional; different character in Japan)
- 荘 (Simplified Japanese shinjitai)
- In Chinese 莊 was simplified into 庄, but 庄 already existed as a character. In Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and probably Korean and Vietnamese, 莊/荘 and 庄 remain separate characters.
- KangXi: page 343, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 9234
- Dae Jaweon: page 653, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 873, character 5
- Unihan data for U+5E84
庄 (traditional 莊, Yale jong1)
庄(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names)
- A male given name
- Alternative form of 荘.
庄 (hangeul 장, revised jang, McCune-Reischauer chang)