Alternative forms 
- trad. 糹, simpl. 纟 (when used as a left Chinese radical)
- 糸 itself is a Chinese character and Japanese Kyujitai Kanji. However, it is also the Japanese Shinjitai Kanji (simplified) form of Kyujitai Kanji 絲 (Traditional Chinese 絲, Simplified Chinese 丝).
Han character 
Usage notes 
When used as a left Chinese radical, Japanese shinjitai uses a compressed form of 糸 (with 小 on the bottom), while traditional Chinese uses 糹 (with 灬 on the bottom), and simplified Chinese uses 纟 (with 一 on the bottom).
- KangXi: page 915, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 27221
- Dae Jaweon: page 1341, character 36
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 5, page 3361, character 1
- Unihan data for U+7CF8
糸 (jyutping mik6, Yale mik6)
糸 (POJ met, Guangdong met7; met7, mit8 [Bao'an], Hagfa Pinyim med5)
- CCDICT (Chineselanguage.org)
- Academia Sinica - Hakka-English Dictionary
- Lau, Chun-fat. Hakka Pinyin Dictionary (Chinese). Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, 1997 (Chinese IME supplement) ISBN 962-201-750-9.
As Shinjitai (Simplified from 絲)
Coordinate terms 
- Sound (hangeul): 멱 (revised: myeok)
- Name (hangeul): 가는 실 (revised: ganeun sil)
Han character