» All languages » Proto-Iranian language
Proto-Iranian is a hypothetical language. Its words and roots are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
- Category:Proto-Iranian lemmas: Proto-Iranian lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Iranian templates: Proto-Iranian templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:Proto-Iranian terms by etymology: Proto-Iranian terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Proto-Iranian terms by usage: Proto-Iranian terms categorized by the manner and context in which they are used by speakers.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Iranian: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Iranian in various specific languages.